PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, phone number, and/or other related information required to complete the purchase. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Provide Products, Services, or Information Requested. Dēplux may use information about you to fulfill requests for products, services, or information, including to:
- Respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
- Provide access to certain features of the Services;
- Personalize product recommendations;
- Communicate with you about logistical matters, including product deliveries and shipping;
- Conduct internal research and development;
- Review and respond to requests for customer support; and
- Allow you to register for online profiles or in-person / in-store events.
- Administrative Purposes. Dēplux may use personal information for administrative purposes, including to:
- Measure interest in our products and Services;
- Develop new products and Services;
- Ensure quality control;
- Send emails or text messages to the email address or telephone number you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, delivery updates, or system maintenance;
- Process payment(s) for products or services purchased;
- Process applications and transactions;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Maintain and administer our Services; and
- Enforce our Terms of Service
- Marketing. Dēplux may use personal information to provide you with marketing materials that may be of interest, including:
- To notify you about offers, products, and services that may be of interest or about which you have previously expressed an interest (e.g., back-in-stock notifications);
- For other purposes disclosed at the time that you provide personal information; or
- Otherwise with your consent. You may contact us at any time to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
- Research and Development. Dēplux may use personal information alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources, in order to help us improve our existing products and Services or develop new products and Services. From time to time, Dēplux may perform research (online and offline) via surveys. We may engage third-party service providers to conduct such surveys on our behalf. All survey responses are voluntary, and the information collected will be used for research and reporting purposes to help us better serve Individuals by learning more about their needs and the quality of the products and services we provide. The survey responses may be utilized to determine the effectiveness of our Services, various types of communications, advertising campaigns, and/or promotional activities. If you participate in a survey, the information given will be used along with that of other study participants.
- Direct Mail, Email, and Outbound Telemarketing. Individuals who provide us with personal information, or whose personal information we obtain from third parties, may as permitted by law, receive periodic emails, newsletters, mailings, text messages, or phone calls from us with information on our or our business partners’ products and services or upcoming special offers/events that we believe may be of interest. We offer the option to decline these communications at no cost by following the instructions in Section 6.
- Anonymous and Aggregated Information. Dēplux may use personal information and other information about you to create anonymized and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic or psychographic information, information about the computer or device from which you access the Services or other analyses we create. Anonymized and aggregated information are used for a variety of functions, including the measurement of visitors’ interest in and use of various portions or features of the Services. Anonymized or aggregated information is not personal information, and we may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes. We may also share this information with third parties for our or their purposes in an anonymized or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
- Shared Content. From time to time, we may offer referral services of features that allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services or purchase a product from us.
- Other. Dēplux may use personal information for which we have a legitimate interest, such as fraud protection or compliance with legal obligations, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide personal information or with your consent. We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We also share information collected through the Services with the following categories of parties:
- Business Partners. Dēplux may share personal information with its business partners and affiliates for our and our affiliates’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested. Dēplux may also provide personal information to business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear, along with Dēplux.
Marketing. Dēplux may allow third-party advertising partners to set tracking tools (e.g., cookies) to collect information regarding your activities on our Services (e.g., your IP address, page(s) visited, time of day). We may also share such de-identified information as well as selected personal information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) we have collected with third-party advertising partners. Advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other companies) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit non-Dēplux related websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising”. We may allow access to other data collected by the Service to facilitate the transmittal of information that may be useful, relevant, valuable, or otherwise of interest to you.
- Professional Advisors: We share personal data with our legal, financial, insurance, and other advisors in connection with corporate transactions or in connection with the management of all or part of our business or operations.
Legal Disclosure / Law Enforcement. We may access, preserve and disclose your personal information, other account information, and content, if we believe doing so, is required or appropriate: (i) to comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as, a court order or subpoena; (ii) to respond to your requests; (iii) to protect yours, ours or others rights, property or safety; (iv) to enforce Dēplux policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to Dēplux; (vi) to comply with records retention policies; (vii) when we believe access, preservation, or disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (viii) if we, in good faith, believe that access, preservation, or disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable. In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes – e.g., to detect unauthorized activity on the Services. In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may be shared with law enforcement bodies in order to allow them to identify users in connection with their investigation of unauthorized activities.
e. Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt-out of targeted advertising through the following links:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
By subscribing to Deplux.co text notifications, you agree to receive automated marketing text messages from us about our products and services at the phone number you provided when you subscribed, and that the messages may be sent via automatic telephone dialing system or other technology. Message frequency is recurring. Consent is not a condition of purchase. Message and data rates may apply. Reply STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT to opt-out and HELP for customer support. You may receive an additional text message confirming your decision to opt-out. You understand and agree that attempting to opt-out by any means other than texting the opt-out commands above is not a reasonable means of opting out.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident, we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com